In Cincinnati, baseball has always been less a sport than a kind of psychosis. It is to the natives what bullfighting is to the citizens of Madrid, and is approached with the same passionate enthusiasm and subjected to the same universally expert consideration. There is, I feel sure, a larger percentage of true baseball aficionados in Cincinnati than in any other city in the country.

-- Shine Ball

James A. Maxwell

Wednesday, September 9, 2020


Ok Reds fans its been a little bit, But guess what: I'm Back ! Why you ask? Hmmm lets Ponder that my Redleg Brethren: 

- 17 out of 20 of the last years have been losing ones, I became salty and utterly, we'll just plane tired of it.

- Go ahead call me fare-weather and then please realize I left as a United States Sailor from the nATi in 1984 spent 23 years as a proud F14 Electrician and then Navy Counselor, and have always worn my: Reds/Bengals?Bearcats(my Bearats) and thank God my later in life adopted BUCKEYES gear! Heck one could only take so much losing and non-championships from my Cincy squads. And I am by one credit (CCM Jazz band partnered with The OSU Jazz Band one summer) an Ohio State Alum also. So after 35 years on the West Coast all of my Cincinnati teams are still mine! I have a right to be disgruntled when i chose to, as  we all do. That being said, I've learned to "curb my enthusiasm" and lower my expectations, so i can survive the ongoing demise of our Redlegs.

- Going into 2020, 60 game sprint, I like others were sold on "Contention" with a rotation of: Gray / Bauer / Castillo. Gray has been amazing, Bauer with his recent meltdown has lacked late inning pitching support and like all: a weak Team BA. Castillo? You tell me, the dreads <SP? getting in the way of his once vaunted some of the "best stuff in the MBL" 

- Basically theres much to blabber about, and i truly appreciate your being here, Please comment. But thats not why im restarting the blog: I have time!

- Covid? YES ! Like millions I am: Work at Home, so in between work tasks,  I'm all over this. I will be putting weekly and daily content into each blog.

So lets see where this goes, hopefully we get back into this thing, if not. You wont have to suffer through the blabbering to much longer!

Thanks for supporting !


The Progressive Buckeye: http://theprogressivebuckeye.blogspot.com/

The Progressive Reds Machine: https://theprogressiveredsmachine.blogspot.com/

The Progressive Bearcat: http://theprogressiveucbearcat.blogspot.com/



Go Reds!



No comments:

Post a Comment